Tell ‘em to wear white, and come when I call.

[H&M jean jacket + Seven jeans + Kors boots + H&M blouse + YSL ring + a.v. max necklace]

Is that blood on you?

Yeah.

From where?

From people’s faces.

One of the most incredible rockumentaries ever culled: DIG!. I owe my deep appreciation for 90s indie rock to one M.F. Radigan. He placed his copy of DIG! in my possession and wouldn’t take it back until I’d watched it.

You haven’t watched it yet? But this is rock! Rock!

I watched it 6.5 times before surrendering it back to him. He called me and said, “Yo I’m downstairs on my bike just happened to be passing by, can I get my rock vid back?” I actually had to stop and eject the DVD in order to snap it into its case and run it down to him.

I’ve included a slew of my favorite clips below, one of which is “backstage” at Monterey. And this is my Monterey ‘fit. A little bit prairie, a little bit rock, a lot of groove. All white has always been my favorite way to dress. Potential for grass stains only makes it more tempting.

["And I like you / Yeah, I like you / I like you I like you I like you I like you I like you / and I feel...woah ho."]

I own my own copy of DIG! now. I’m inching my way toward being as cool as Raddy. I think everyone should own a solid collection of music DVDs—for those inbetween times. It’s my go-to for when we have guests over. Rob’s pouring the wine, I’m running the tunes.

Get a copy and put it into heavy rotation—along with Festival Express, The Last Waltz, Black Crowes Live at the Fillmore, Keb’ Mo’: Sessions at West 54th, and Jamiroquai: Live at Montreux 2003. Like Judy Aldrige’s armful of silver bangles, these DVDs are my ‘signature stack.’

Love it, learn it, lick it. Then watch it.

[DIG! trailer.]

[DIG! clip: Anton experiences temporary blindness.]

[Stealer of every scene, the always level-headed Joel Gion.]

-Carey

<< Next Post

Previous Post >>

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

23 Responses to “Tell ‘em to wear white, and come when I call.”

1. March 17, 2010 at 9:35 am #

LOVE the white on white. i can’t wait til it’s warm enough here for that!

2. Taylor
    March 17, 2010 at 10:45 am #

Your all white ensemble looks rockin against that dark brick! Will defintely have to check out DIG!

3. March 17, 2010 at 11:00 am #

Dig! is so good. It introduced me to the Brian Jonestown Massacre, and for that I will forever be thankful.

• corksandcaftans
      March 17, 2010 at 11:13 am #

Hells yes. So good.

4. robin
    March 17, 2010 at 2:44 pm #

I love the white, denim, brown combo. With a little gray thrown in once in a while. It’s always my go to. And you have just inspired me yet again…I think I am going to order myself a pair of lace up tall Minnetonka’s to wear with my white skinny jeans :) One more fashion dilemma solved thanks to Carey!

• corksandcaftans
      March 17, 2010 at 2:52 pm #

oh man that sounds like an awesome idea. Yeah I need more grey in my life. It’s such a great mixing color. I wish Rob hadn’t shrunken my grey Alexander Wang t-shirt, I need a new one! it’s like a tiny tee right now.

5. Cami
    March 17, 2010 at 3:43 pm #

The fact that your husband even touches the laundry leaves my jaw hanging! :)

6. robin
    March 17, 2010 at 3:55 pm #

Ha Ha Ha, I am dying. I agree with you Cami, I am laughing in astonishment right now. And the nerve of you to complain that he shrunk your T! Give that boy a big hug in appreciation for me.

• corksandcaftans
      March 17, 2010 at 3:57 pm #

oh man. I feel like a biotche…

7. robin
    March 17, 2010 at 7:25 pm #

I was kidding silly girl! If my husband got his hands on any of my A. Wang I’d be plenty pissed. But that would never happen as he is not as “evolved” as Rob, Ha Ha.

8. robin
    March 17, 2010 at 7:36 pm #

P.S. speaking of Minnetonka’s. I just remembered this look on Kate Moss which is one of my favorites: http://www.fabsugar.com/Celebrity-Style-Kate-Moss-2339042

• corksandcaftans
      March 17, 2010 at 8:03 pm #

yes yes yes I love that shot! She has a black pair too, right? And I thought I might have enough boots… blasphemy!

9. March 18, 2010 at 1:33 am #

Omg! This comment string is too funny! I have a pair of those Minnetonka’s on my bday wishlist right now! And speaking of A.Wang shirts, the other day when Will was doing the laundry I had a panic attack because I thought he put my A.Wang tank in the dryer!! But he didn’t, it was still in the hamper! Whew! It was a close one!

10. robin
    March 18, 2010 at 6:43 am #

Elena, you should totally get them! At least they are affordable as compared to what we usually want. :)

And let this be a lesson to girls around the world….lock up your Wangs! Ah Ha Ha Ha

• corksandcaftans
      March 18, 2010 at 10:41 pm #

hahaha. dying.

11. March 18, 2010 at 9:11 am #

just netflixed it…thanx
    …from people’s faces. lol!

• corksandcaftans
      March 18, 2010 at 9:13 am #

it’s amazing. you’re going to love it…

12. March 18, 2010 at 10:30 pm #

yeah… damned be you, you gorgeous creature you.
    flawless in white on white is not an easy task.
    congrats… task pulled off with effortless “carey just being carey…” ease. yes, amazing.

13. March 19, 2010 at 1:23 pm #

these photos are gorgeous. just gorgeous. i love the all white and the lavender background. and turquoise is always de rigueur.

xoxo, laura

• corksandcaftans
      April 15, 2010 at 5:56 pm #

thank you endlessly.

14. mary faith
    March 26, 2010 at 11:10 am #

i think i’m catching up out of order…but…wasn’t that YSL ring on back-order until may? it’s fab.

ps. is your friends name really radigan? or is he rad and it’s a nickname? either way, i dig. :)

• corksandcaftans
      March 29, 2010 at 12:58 pm #

Radigan is the bomb!

It came a little early… much to my bank accounts chagrin. ;)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Photo love. « Corks and Caftans - March 18, 2010

[...] Previous Post >> Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)JAK & JIL’s first “My Favorite Things” Post = just perfect.Oregonian aesthetics.The red thread. [...]