Sometimes salvation.

Favorite x 1000.

[Aude LA tank dress + Mara Hoffman kimono jacket + vintage necklaces and a bunch of silver + Burberry studded wedges.]

This jacket is so brilliant. Mara Hoffman, I’ve said it once, but I’ll say it again—you are a genius. It’s Golden Girls with a little Madame Butterfly, and some East of Eden brothel thrown in for good measure.

These shoes have been intimidating me out of wearing them since the day I bought them. I fell in love with all of the Knight collection but never figured I’d be able to pull it off. The right amount of soft and feminine brings those tougher elements into play for me—salvaged at the hands of Mara and her diaphanous creations.

C+C is ripping into the Pinot tonight. May your Wednesdays be winey and wild.

-C

p.s. you must peep the wardrobe in this video.

[Black Crowes “Sometimes Salvation”]

Tags: , , , ,

16 Responses to “Sometimes salvation.”

1. May 26, 2010 at 9:25 pm #

adorable!!!! so adorable. that’s what you are.
    love the sunglasses. off to watch top chef! have a fine evening ;)

2. May 26, 2010 at 9:25 pm #

Oh my gosh I am dying over those shoes. You’re right, the open-toe and slingback makes them feminine enough for the studs. And that jacket? Gorgeous…though only you could pull it off. (maybe an Olsen?)

3. May 27, 2010 at 1:36 am #

Are you kidding me??!! If you can pull off those JS Dany platforms, these are a piece of cake for you missy! ;)

Love the MH jacket, I remember when you first got it, and loved it the moment I saw it! Simply gorgeous! :)

• corksandcaftans
      May 27, 2010 at 9:05 am #

Ha, thanks— I usually shy away from a lot of black stuff. For some reason it washes me out, unless I cake black eye liner on, and then I just look hungover. Haha!!

4. Carla
    May 27, 2010 at 2:50 am #

This outfit is just pure elegance! You had a good hand picking it out! Pleasure to look at, really!
    The jacket is amazing!!!

5. May 27, 2010 at 11:03 am #

I always come away from your latest outfit post thinking “that’s my favorite” – you knock it out every.single.time. I love that this one is simple – clean lines, solid colors – but has such great details (the back of the caftan, studded sandals, etc).

I agree with a commenter before – this is totally an Olsen look (and I mean that as a compliment, I love them). Your hair is pretty much the perfect accessory, btw.

Thanks for the props on the car! It is too fun to drive.

6. May 27, 2010 at 2:50 pm #

the shoes are amazing, and really make the outfit.

and the video really brings me back. i loved sofia coppola when i was younger (still do). when this video came out i would compulsively watch mtv’s top 20 countdown just to see it.

7. mary faith
    May 27, 2010 at 5:01 pm #

alright…YOU cut shit. i want that mara hoffman. like, yesterday. and those shoes? ridic. i’m on the hunt.

8. robin
    May 27, 2010 at 5:27 pm #

Love that song. Gorgeous jacket, gorgeous shoes, gorgeous girl. How do you have such an enviable shoe collection at your age, BTW? I am totally jelling. ( I don’t know if that is a slang term or not, I just made it up.) Ha Ha

9. May 28, 2010 at 10:06 am #

wonderful jacket, fabric, color, details …
    The shoes will add toughness to the look, I like it!

10. August 19, 2014 at 9:25 pm #

I know this is an older post, but I came across these shoes at a really great price, found this via a google search & hope you can answer a question about the fit. How is it compared to US sizing, do you need a half size larger like some eu or were the true to size? Thanks in advance for the help.

• Corks and Caftans
      August 22, 2014 at 10:02 am #

These run about a full size small. I wear an 8US, 38.5 Prada, 38-38.5 European sizing, but these were 39s. There’s room in the toe bed, but a 38 would have been too small. In the same collection, I’d bought a pair of Burberry booties in a 10 because I couldn’t even get the 9 on my feet! Hope that helps.

• August 22, 2014 at 11:45 am #

Thanks so much for the info (and for responding to this old post)! They sound like Sophia Webster shoes which I have to take a full size up (I’m a US 6.5 but a 7.5 in her shoes) and in the case of my last pair of her shoes I bought from her line, I had to size up to an 8 & they were open-toe sandals (!). Is there a link to your ebay sales (I don’t see a link in your post below)?

• Corks and Caftans
      August 22, 2014 at 10:02 am #

also, those shoes are these shoes. I’m selling them on ebay :)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Mother’s milk. « Corks and Caftans - June 8, 2010

[…] posting this pale peach kimono jacket, I went a little nuts for nudes and sent a frantic email to the most awesome C+C reader ever out in […]

2. A home at the end of the world. « Corks and Caftans - March 9, 2011

[…] p.s.s. if you don’t give a rip, but you like the jacket, here’s another kimono jacket from Mara Hoffman in one of my favorite posts. […]