Road tested, Rob approved.

[More this is just me looks: Elizabeth & James nylon shorts + Banana leather jkt + J.Crew shirt + Sir Alistair Rai scarf + naked lady backpack, per usual.]

Most days of the week, I go for approachable cool. [These days also tend to illicit the most positive response from Rob. When will girls learn that guys like it when we dress more easygoing?] I work in a pretty cool office and tend to make up my own dress code. Most of all, I have to be able to get on my bike without flashing all of Franklin Square, so there’s that. But dressing to predict the future? Not usually on the docket.

Let me explain. I put this on, pedaled to work, then saw this in my inbox from ShopBop:

Not a little bit creepy…

Loving throwing camel tones in with neutrals and greys (as in this post, a favorite of mine). And shorts, I carved our names together in a heart today on the tree outside the Ghetto Chopper. U + Me 2gether 4ever.

-Carey

Tags: , , ,

10 Responses to “Road tested, Rob approved.”

1. June 10, 2010 at 6:55 pm #

maybe shopbop’s got a little spycam in your closet? just sayin’

or maybe you’re just, like, with it an all that.

gotta say i’m entirely digging the shorts with the checked shirt. the chef’s w/rob – cool and casual is where it’s at. a side of fringe on a sunny day, too.

• corksandcaftans
      June 10, 2010 at 7:00 pm #

fringe? oh hells yes.

:) xx

2. robin
    June 11, 2010 at 6:04 am #

See, I always said that you should be an editor or a stylist for shopbop. Too funny. You look great as usual.

3. June 11, 2010 at 9:35 am #

i love it.
    the shorts are great. sign me up.
    i have the shirt ;)

workyourcloset.com

4. June 11, 2010 at 10:33 am #

i’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: you rock the shorts like no other (obvi, shopbop also thinks so) – I finally got myself some cut offs and I may or may not have worn them for the past 3 days in a row.

• corksandcaftans
      June 11, 2010 at 10:36 am #

hilar. Rob just g-chatted me to confirm he’d retrieved three (3) pairs of jeans from a bin in storage that I’m cutting off today. If you’re going to spend $150+ on jeans and never wear them EVER, might as well cut the suckers off!

post me some pherters, woman.

5. June 11, 2010 at 11:57 am #

I looooove the shorts!! Brilliant mixing my dear. Such a fun and easy outfit! Have a great weekend!

6. June 12, 2010 at 10:41 am #

Awe! Well I know how tight you and Shopbop are. Hee..hee…;)

I heart the shorts! Are they the same ones that Shopbop has posted in their lookbook?

Have a fab weekend!

7. June 13, 2010 at 7:16 pm #

im a HUGE banana fan, thanks to my ever so stylish mother… i love the soft color of those shorts, i bet they feel great – they have too since i know marykate and ash would never make anything that doesnt. lovely outfit!

<33
    heelsandinspiration.blogspot.com

• corksandcaftans
      June 22, 2010 at 8:26 am #

the shorts are awesome… and I totally got them for like $30 on ebay, when they were still for sale in other place! no idea. they have this soft mesh lining like boys swim trunks. If you can find them, get them :)